For Banana Cake:
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- Water, oil and eggs (that are listed on the box)
- 3 large over-ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
For Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Optional: 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
2In large bowl whisk together dry box mix, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add water, oil and eggs as directed on box. With mixer on medium speed or beat vigorously by hand for 2 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas.
3Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4In medium bowl using mixer cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time. Spread over cooled cake. If using top with chopped pecans.
5Store cake in refrigerator.