- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (6-ounce) ready-made chocolate crumb piecrust
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
1Heat milk until it just begins to bubble around the edges in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate morsels until melted. Cool slightly.
2Stir together cold water and cornstarch until dissolved.
3Whisk cornstarch mixture, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens and is smooth. (Do not overcook.)
4Remove from heat, and whisk in butter. Spoon mixture into piecrust. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
5Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream evenly over pie filling, and sprinkle with pecans and candy bar pieces.