- 1 box- chocolate fudge dry cake mix ( just the dry mix!)
- 3 oz box, dry instant chocolate pudding mix ( just the dry mix!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola ( or vegetable) oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 TBSP butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8-1/4 cup whipping cream
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2In a mixing bowl, beat all ingredients for cake, except marshmallow fluff until fully combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4Cool cake completely before topping with fluff and frosting.
5Once cooled, spread the top of the cake with marshmallow fluff.
6To Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Beat to combined. Add in 1/8 cup of cream and beat until fluffy. If needed, add in additional cream to achieve desired consistency.
7Frost over the layer of marshmallow fluff. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.