For The Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
For The Filling:
- 3 packages cream cheese room temperature (24oz)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup key lime or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream cold
1Combine graham crumbs and butter and press firmly into the bottom of an 8″ or 9″ springform pan and about 1″ up the sides.
2In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
3Add sugar, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4Add cream and beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high until thickened and fluffy (don’t stop until you have stiff peaks!).
5Spread into prepared pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours or until firm. Slice and serve with sweetened whipped cream as desired.