- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs , or breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 2 carrots , peeled and shredded
- 2 celery stalks , chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice , rinsed (basmati or brown rice works too)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat in a 3 quart pot.
2Place chicken thigh pieces into the heated oil. Add plenty of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
3Add diced onion and garlic to the pot with the chicken and sauté for another 3 minutes. Next add the carrots and celery.
4Increase the heat to high and add broth, then stir in the rinsed rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Stir again and then cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked (stirring occasionally).
5Stir in the parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Add more salt, pepper or seasonings if desired.