- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
2Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
3Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are browned. (Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.