- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin not pie mix)
- 1/4 cup (80.5 g) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or use a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup (58.58 g) + 2-3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
1Add pumpkin puree and maple syrup to a pan. Mix in the salt and pumpkin pie spice. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 mins to thicken slightly. Add in the vanilla extract if using. (You can also add in 1-2 tbsp rum or liquor of choice with maple syrup.)
2Cool slightly then add in the almond and coconut flour. Mix well. Then let chill to absorb for 10 minutes, then mix again. If the dough is sticky, add 2 tablespoons or more almond flour. Press the mixture between your fingers to check.
3Using your hands, form the dough into smooth balls.
4In a bowl, mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Roll the balls in cinnamon and sugar mixture . Store refrigerated for up to 3 days and frozen for up to a month.