- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 5)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery (about 3)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes (from about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
3Add in broth tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
5Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almost fully tender, about 20 – 30 minutes.
6Add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.