- 2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
1Preheat oven to 375F and grease an 8×8 casserole dish. If using a different size, adjust cook time.
2In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3In a medium bowl, stir together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4Add the wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
5Add in the apples and pecans.
6Pour mixture into baking dish and press down to make sure oats are soaked. Sprinkle on a few extra pecans and apple pieces, if desired.
7Bake, uncovered, for around 40-45 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
8Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
9Store in refrigerator.