- 11/2 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix2, OR (375 mL) Keto Bake Mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (60 mL) (kind in a can)
- 6 tbsp butter, melted (90 mL)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water (15 mL)
- 3, 6 oz cans chunk light tuna, (170 g) drained (or use only 2 cans)
- l large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, OR (250 mL) a mixture of whipping cream and water
- 2 tsp prepared mustard (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (2 mL)
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese, divided (125 mL)
1In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, and Parmesan cheese.
2Stir in melted butter and egg yolk. Using a piece of plastic wrap, press into 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish.
3Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven 8 minutes. Set aside.
1In large bowl, combine tuna, onion, green and red pepper.
2In small bowl, beat eggs with fork; stir in half-and-half cream, OR alternative, mustard, salt and black pepper.
3Sir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Mozzarella cheese. Add to tuna-vegetable mixture and combine well.
4Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
5Bake in 400°C (200°C) oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until set.
A food processor or good blender makes short work of chopping vegetables.