- 1 1/2 cup spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar, unrefined if desired (or xylitol for sugar free)
- 1/16 tsp uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp more sugar
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil (Some readers say they subbed applesauce with good results! I haven’t tried)
- 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 packed cup shredded carrot (200g)
1Preheat oven to 350F and place 9 cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
2Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then set aside.
3In a large measuring cup, combine all liquid ingredients (including carrot).
4Mix wet ingredients into dry, and immediately portion into the baking cups and place in the oven.
5Bake 19 minutes, then allow the healthy carrot cake cupcakes to cool before removing from the tray.
6These healthy and vegan carrot cake cupcakes are soy-free and can be gluten-free and sugar-free.
7Top them with the frosting.