- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (add more if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
For The Cookies:
For The Glaze:
1Preheat oven to 375F.
2Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
3In your mixer’s bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; mix until light and fluffy.
4Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5With a wooden spoon, mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and pineapple juice.
6Stir until just blended.
7Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
8Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until set.
9Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
10Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.