- 2- 9 ″ deep pie crusts (baked 3 minutes and cooled)
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounce shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- (Note: You can use backfin, it is fine. Lump is the most expensive and not necessary.)
1Preheat oven to 350ºF
2Bake your crust for 3 minutes. We used Pillsbury pie dough and it worked out great. We did spray the pie pans with Pam spray to keep the crust from sticking.
3Combine eggs, flour, mayonnaise and milk, mix well. Add cheese, 1 teaspoon Old Bay, onion and pepper and mix well.
4Fold in crab meat and try not to separate the lumps of crab meat too much. Pour into 2 separate pie crusts, sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning.
5Bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. (Check at about 40 minutes to avoid burning, since ovens vary.)