- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 300 grams Oreo cookies with filling (1 regular pack, 25 cookies)
- 200 grams good quality chocolate (or about 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream divided, cold
- 750 grams cream cheese (24 oz, 3 packages), room temperature
- 255 grams powdered sugar (2 cups)
1In a food processor, process the butter and cookies until cookies are fine crumbs and the mixture starts to stick together.
2Place a piece of parchment paper in between the bottom and the rim of a 9″ springform pan (optional — just helps to remove the cheesecake later).
3Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and about 1/2″ up the sides. Set aside.
4In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and 1/2 cup cream. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals on high, stirring well each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
5In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and melted chocolate, and beat on low speed until combined.
6Add the remaining 1 cup cream. Beat on low until incorporated, then beat on high for 3-5 minutes, until thickened and fluffy (you are essentially whipping the cream, so it takes time!).
7Spread into the prepared crust, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with whipped cream or as desired.