- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought (plus extra dough for decorating, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and browned (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, plus extra for garnish
1Preheat oven to 375º F and roll out pie crust to a 12 or 13-inch circle, big enough to fit a springform pan or tart or pie dish.
2Gently place dough in pan, pressing into the bottom and sides of pan and trimming excess.
3Optional: cut out pie dough flowers or other designs to decorate crust later.
4Place pie dish in fridge until ready to fill.
5In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and fluffy, then beat in browned butter.
6Once combined, beat in brown and white sugar until sugar granules are dissolved.
7Sprinkle in flour, cinnamon and salt, then stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
8Once fully incorporated, fold in pecans, then pour mixture into pie crust.
9Decorate pie crust with any pecans or cut outs you made earlier.
10Place pie pan in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until center is just set and no longer jiggly.
11Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.