- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cleaned and washed
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade (roll leaves and slice thinly)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
1Cut corn off the cob, place into a medium mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil. Set aside.
2Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a pint size canning jar. Shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
3Serve and enjoy!
If you are traveling with this salad or making ahead; you can prep the salad and the dressing and wait to pour dressing over salad until ready to serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can cook the corn if you prefer, I really enjoy the fresh taste of it uncooked in this salad. The acid in the lemon juice will mellow out the starchiness of the corn and create a fabulous flavor.